Monday, March 06, 2006

Back in the USA

I’m back people. I still have to post about how the rest of my week went and the weekend as well, but I’m sooooo tired. I’ll catch up soon. I also have to catch up on everyone else’s blogs. I do have one quick story to tell about this weekend, though.

Saturday night was a co-worker’s wedding. It was so nice. The bride was beautiful. One of my other co-workers daughters was the flower girl. Everyone was there including ShellyP and BendaBald. Well, during the reception, most people were dancing. My date and I sat down to rest for a minute. At one point, he told me to look over at the cake table. We were sitting right next to it. They had 2 cakes, a tiered one and a rectangle one. Someone had cut the corner off of the rectangle one! We couldn’t believe it. We were in shock. They hadn’t taken pictures of the cakes or cut them yet. How could someone do that? At the table next to ours, our boss and another co-worker were sitting there with their wife and girlfriend. They had just gotten up and left before we noticed the cake. Right where my co-worker’s girlfriend was sitting was the cut piece of cake! Not only did they have the audacity to cut someone’s wedding cake, they didn’t even eat it! If my co-worker wasn’t the one who cut it, why didn’t he stop his girlfriend? And why wouldn’t my boss say anything before he left too? We were so upset. She better be glad I didn’t see her before she left. I would have cursed her out and made her go apologize to the bride right then and there! We immediately told ShellyP about it and she was thinking we should try to turn the cake. I didn’t know what to do. Well, the bridesmaids saw the cake and covered it with one of the bouquets. Then they told the bride. She was visibly upset. I felt so bad about the whole thing. She got over it and they cut the cakes, danced more, and had a great time anyway. This morning, my co-worker tried to talk to me, but I’ve just ignored him. I don’t feel the need to speak to him and if I do, I’ll probably curse him out.

5 Comments:

At 10:21 PM, March 06, 2006, Blogger Shawn said...

that is so tacky. that takes some nerve.

I think you should talk to him. Maybe he'll apologize to the bride and groom for his dates actions.

 
At 8:08 AM, March 07, 2006, Blogger Aziza said...

I wonder why folks do things like that. They saw that nobody else cut the cake, so I wonder why they would feel the need to. Possibly some folks don't know proper etiquette or are just plain greedy. Other than that,I hope everything else turned out well with the wedding.

 
At 8:28 AM, March 07, 2006, Blogger SP said...

Shawn - Shelly did confront him! At first he claimed he didn't know nothing about it, then tried to claim he was drunk. He's such an ass.

Aziza - Yes, everything else was just beautiful. The wedding was at 6. I didn't even realize it was midnight until I was in the car.

 
At 6:01 PM, March 08, 2006, Blogger Hali said...

I glad you returned safely from your trip. That was really rude of them to cut the cake. Maybe she was jealous that she wasn't the one getting married. Because how can you not know that that isn't right?

 
At 4:12 PM, March 09, 2006, Blogger Jdid said...

that is so wrong!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home