Thursday, March 16, 2006

Catching Up

Oh boy. It’s been an interesting week or two since I got back. Sorry on the lack of posting, but I’ve been really busy. This is really going to be a random post, so sorry if I’m a bit jumpy in conversation.

They stopped work on my project and I’m not on sustaining maintenance of the product. Thanks, Ben. ;o) Last week I found out that they aren’t recruiting to fill a position previously left by BdaB which explains my current work situation. That sucks, but I’ll get over it. Besides, no one could fill Ben’s shoes. Then yesterday, they fired the IT woman. She and I weren’t really close but I feel very bad for her. Her husband doesn’t work and they have a 6 year old son.

I miss my doggie. For those of you who don’t know, I’ve been trying to sell my house. Well, when I first decided to do this, my parents pointed out that it will be easier to show if the dog weren’t there. So they kidnapped my baby. Ok, they didn’t kidnap him, I let him go but who knew it would take so long? For the last 6 years, he’s been the only steady thing in my life. I’m going to have to fly to VA to see him. To get my doggie fix now, I am dog sitting my friends Cocker Spaniel. He is a cutie and is so happy to have attention. Ever since they had their baby, who’s 2 now, he hasn’t gotten as much attention as he used to. Funny thing is though, I live in a townhouse. Redd has never been up stairs before. Last night I had to call him a million times to get him to come up. This morning I tried the same thing to get him down, but that wasn’t happening. I even tried sitting on the steps trying to tempt him with a treat. Didn’t work. So, I had to carry this dog down the stairs to take him on a walk. I’m going to have to work on getting him down the stairs on his own tonight!

I just saw the final episode of Flava! I know, I’m a little slow but what can I say, I’ve been busy. Plus, I had to catch up on the final 3 episodes. Luckily there was a marathon on the other day. I just have one question, why did Flav give that girl a grill? And she put it in! Shawn, I saw what you meant about NY’s mom and the “never never never” thing in the previous episode. That was funny. I thought it was hilarious when he went out to get knighted and that older woman was like “Who is that?” and her daughter said “Flava Flaaaavvvv!” One of my friends was saying that Flav picked the wrong girl. Not because NY was better or anything like that. If he had picked her, they would be been guaranteed another reality show on VH1 cuz that girl is CRAZY!

I caught up on PR too. I actually really liked Santino’s cloths. I though they were the best, But they didn’t seem to fit his personality and they didn’t go together in a collection. It was just a bunch of dresses and nothing brought them all together. I’m glad that Chloe won. I was rooting for her. I didn’t like Daniel’s cloths at all.

Oh, I saw that Tyler Perry movie over the weekend, The family reunion one. It was better than I though it would be. Actually I had a very eventful weekend. On Sunday we went down to Calle Ocho for the Miami Carnival. It’s basically a huge 27 block party out in the streets of Little Havana. I had a blast. I love to people watch, so it was very interesting. I went with one of my co-workers from England. He was amazed at the clothing, or lack there of, of the young Latin women. We danced to Salsa and Reggaton and various other types of music. Every side street had a stage with different music or activities plus you’d just see guys with drums set up on the side of the road. There was paella, areapas, tamales, and more meat on a stick than you can imagine. I think I overdid myself on the food, but we had a blast. After that, we went to South Beach and walked around a bit. We saw the holocaust memorial and had a drink on Lincoln Rd. Then we went to see a movie at the Miami International film festival. It was a Brazillion film called Lower City. It was very racy and a bit violent, but good.

Monday we had Curry night. A couple of us were comparing curry’s from various places and we decided to have a curry night. I made Japanese curry while SW(co-worker from England) made Thai curry. We’ll have to do it again and try to get Jamaican curry from ShellyP and Indian curry from JC(co-worker). It turned out really well. We did it at another co-worker’s house so I didn’t have to clean up, which is always nice. I made wontons as appetizers and we had a couple of deserts. Everyone seemed to like it and I even got an offer to move in from the intern as long as I cooked everyday.

Did I mention that there are now 17 units for sale in my neighborhood? Last year this time there were only 2. This sucks. Plus, I still have the broken windows. It wasn't so bad in the winter, but now it's getting hot. I'm going to have to call the window company and harass them a bit.

5 Comments:

At 10:24 AM, March 17, 2006, Blogger SP said...

What? One screen JM? They love him. I think it's funny how they hired a consultant to help KL with her work and coincidentally he is now the acting IT person. JW swears it wasn't planned that way. Yeah right.

Hey leave my doggie alone. And I know you trained your boy to kick him! Hey I got Redd to come down the stairs this morning. I'll have to see if he'll repeat it this evening.

 
At 4:10 PM, March 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i really wish i was able to see this seasons PR. i don't have cable so i've missed it so far! but maybe, once i'm back at my parents i can catch the end and/or see the repeats.

 
At 10:08 AM, March 18, 2006, Blogger Shawn said...

I had no idea that you were that far behind on the tv shows.

I wanted Hoopz to win so I could see the look on NY's face but it would be a lot of fun seeing NY and Flav matched up in another show exploring their 'romance.'

I thought Santino's first few dresses were really good. I was undewhelmed by everyone's collection. I, too, didn't like Daniel's line either...at least not on the runway.

They have to choose better designers next go 'round. Or desingers that perform better under pressure for Season 3.

Curry night? Hmm..that's interesting.

 
At 3:13 PM, March 20, 2006, Blogger DramaFree said...

Curry *drooling* yum!!

 
At 6:28 PM, March 20, 2006, Blogger princessdominique said...

I hope your home sells quickly and yes I wondered two things why Flav gave Hoopz a grill and secondly why she actually put it on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home