Monday, March 27, 2006

I’m back! Ok, I haven’t really been anywhere, I’ve just been sick. I hate being sick. I was in bed all weekend with a splitting headache. Every time I moved it felt like someone was stabbing me. I’d like to blame Shelly and her darling boy for my current predicament. I think you got SH sick too!

Shelly just burst my bubble. Last week, coincidentally right before I took two days off sick, we got our annual raises and bonus. Woo hoo, raises. I get a whole wopping 2% more. Do you know what 2% is? I just checked my bank account and after taxes and 401Ks and medical and dental, it comes to a whole $37 per pay check. Well, so I though anyway. Shelly so graciously reminded me that it’s retroactive to the beginning of march. Great, so it’ll probably be just short of $20 a pay check. woo hoo. I can get a tank of gas now. Well, part of a tank of gas…

I got my house painted! Ok, not the whole house, just part of it. See, I have this vaulted ceiling over my staircase. The wall was a lovely shade of blue-green. I know! I’ve lived there for 2, almost 3 years, and I never painted it. Plus, I didn’t paint the bathrooms(2) upstairs or the second bedroom at all. My friend’s uncle came over and did it for me. He’s been painting for 30 years. Besides all that, he painted the ceiling in the second bedroom and the ceiling in the living room/dinning room. All that for $500. Did I mention that he got the supplies too? I was shocked. I just looked at him like I didn’t hear him right. $500? Are you serious? Yup, because you are E’s friend. I had to call her and tell her I loved her! I’m also going to get her uncle and aunt, who did the trim, a thank you card and slip a gift certificate into it for them.

4 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, March 27, 2006, Blogger Shawn said...

'bout time you updated. Glad you're feeling better. I hate when I have headaches like that.

don't scoff at the half tank of gas.

 
At 3:48 PM, March 27, 2006, Blogger DramaFree said...

I'm happy you're feeling better and decided to bless us with another post :)

$20...um, that's like half a tank of gas...gas prices went up this past week again

 
At 4:28 PM, March 27, 2006, Blogger chele said...

I just received the same BS raise. Let's celebrate at the gas station!

 
At 10:39 PM, March 27, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

glad you're feeling better.
that was really nice of him! i got some painting of my own to do - my old room at my parents house, which is a lovely shade of dark red/orange.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home