Tuesday, October 09, 2007

My Chicago update

Alright... I know it's been a while but I've been really busy... Plus I won't have Internet access till the 20th, so I'm trying to do this at work... So lets see...

Chicago is good. The only thing that's not so great is the damn weather. Last weekend I was sweating my ass off! I thought I was back in South Florida. And today I had on long sleeves and a jacket just to walk the dog. I am so going to get sick...

The job is good... They are paying me more money than my last "real" job to do less work... Well, maybe not so much less work... Ok, yeah, less work... but really it's not the quantity of the work. It's the fact that the work is easy and I'm not stressed! I come in, do what I gotta do, and go home... No nightmares about code... no dreams about performance tests and audit logs than can run on forever... I'm good here.

And the apartment is great! I love it! It's sooo cute. It's a one bedroom with a separate dinning and living room. And it has a sun room! Plus it's on the third floor. I can feel my pants getting a little big already. The only negative is that when the dog has to pee in the middle of the night, he better hold it! Pictures will definitely follow.

And one more bit of news... Now don't yell at me... Tico is coming up. I still love him... I have to give him a chance to prove himself. He knows he did wrong and was the cause of all of our issues, which is a good thing. Plus, I am at the point where he has one shot and one shot only. I have no problems telling him to pack his shit and sending him back to Miami on his own if he fucks up. Basically he has 6 months... If I don't like where we are in 6 months time, he's gone. I do love him and I want it to work out, but I'm not stupid and I'm not going to just let things go... So, I'll keep you updated on that front as well...

Alright, gotta get back to work!

8 Comments:

At 11:09 AM, October 11, 2007, Blogger ShellyP said...

Are you saying there are no eligible bachelors in Chicago??

How about giving YOURSELF 6 months without him and then seeing at the end if you still want him?

 
At 1:40 PM, October 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds great! Definitely looking forward to pictures. Chicago's not far from Toronto, right? So, if you ever want to entertain a vistor from the North, just let me know!

I've had a friend in a similar situation. He was selfish, did her wrong - but she loved him and kept giving him chances/excuses - no matter what her friends, advised to the contrary... Sometimes you just gotta let it drag on.

 
At 2:31 PM, October 11, 2007, Blogger proacTiff said...

Sweet. More pay, less work/job headache. *Wondering if it's just the honeymoon phase at the POE* You're a big girl, however, I'd definitely want that distance and space to ensue just to soar my single oats. But that's just my UNsingle ass talking.

Looks like the "Shy" will be good to a sist'a. Kudos...

Pro

 
At 5:13 PM, October 11, 2007, Blogger SP said...

@Shel - Don't be mad at me...

@NYABG - Come down anytime! No excuses from him and only one chance for him. If he even looks like he's thinking of doing wrong, he'll be gone.

@Tiff - I hope it's not just the honeymoon... Everyone wants the opposite of what they've got, huh? I feel ya, but I gotta give him a shot...

 
At 5:33 PM, October 12, 2007, Blogger Miz JJ said...

Lol @ ShellyP. Well, you know what I am going to ask, but that won't stop me from typing it out. Is he divorced yet? Tell me that he has at least done that in all this time.

 
At 10:45 AM, October 17, 2007, Blogger Sherie said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 10:46 AM, October 17, 2007, Blogger SP said...

@MizJJ - I have yet to see divorce papers...

 
At 10:55 AM, October 18, 2007, Blogger Jdid said...

glad you're settling in

if thats your choice good luck with tico

 

Post a Comment

<< Home